Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I created for the holidays. After tasting many of the "faux" chopped livers out there I decided to create something with a more meaty taste, look and texture. ENJOY!
- Finely chop both onions but 1/4 leave raw and sauté in oiled frypan till blackened; set aside.
- Coarsely chop the hard boiled eggs and set aside with the browned onion (save a spoon or two of grated egg as a garnish).
- Brown all the mushrooms in a lightly oiled frypan till completely dry and brown, then salt lightly and place in food processor.
- Add 1/4 raw onion and all the remaining ingredients except for the dehydrated onion, browned onion and egg. Blend till smooth.
- Remove from processor and fold in the browned onion, dehydrated onion and chopped egg. Chill overnight and serve.
- Timesaver Tip: Boil the eggs in the pot with the lentils.
Excellent recipe! Didn't use dry onion flakes and it still turned out great.