Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An healthy and tasty alternative to real chopped liver, and easy to prepare.
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 (400 g) cangarden peas (no mint added)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- fry onion in oil till dark brown, making sure not to burn them or you get a bitter taste.
- Transfer onions and oil to a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients and process till smooth.
This is the best and easiest mock chopped "liver" recipe I've ever tried-- and I've tried a LOT of them! Enjoy!
I made it today and it tastes great! I used two medium sized onions and around half the amount of peas and a cup of walnuts.
Just heard about this from my Kansas cousin, Carolee. Hope to try it one of these days soon.