Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe is courtesy of a wonderful friend Norene Gilletz (Gourmania.com) who now resides in Toronto, Canada, she has written many very successful cookbooks over the years and still going strong!...this recipe is taken from one of her first cookbooks that goes back many years, it's called "The Pleasures of your Processor!" which is now out of print and featured in "Food Processor Bible" by Norene Gilletz. I think I have made all of the recipes in this book and from many of her other books also, the pages are yellow and I have string holding it together lol!...thanks for so many wonderful recipes Norene! ....You will LOVE this spread on crackers, I suggest to double this recipe you won't be able to keep your spoon out of it, I do suggest chilling it for a couple of hours before using as the flavors intensify. This does not freeze well.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and quartered)
- 2 (184.27 g) can sardines, drained
- 1 slice white bread
- 3 hard-cooked eggs (peeled and halved)
- 44.37-59.16 ml white vinegar
- 4.92-9.85 ml sugar (or to taste)
- 0.25 ml salt
- black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onion and apple in the processor; process until finely minced (about 6-8 seconds).
- Add in sardines and process another 5-6 seconds.
- Moisten the bread with cold water and squeeze out the excess moisture with hands.
- Add in chunks of the bread along with remaining ingredients; process about 8-10 seconds longer or until just blender.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving.