Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My husband grew up on this dish and I now make it for our family. It is a quick and easy dish and tastes very good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 can chinese noodles
- Brown hamburger with onion in a skillet.
- Add all other ingredients except noodles and mix well.
- Place in a greased 3 qt casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 hour.
- Stir 3/4 of noodles into casserole and place the rest on top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
I found this a little un-creative=i added alittle green and red pepper and a few red pepper flakes-also I found ading rice to a casserole dish tasted ==starchy== and I prefer to cook rice and drain starch -(maybe a habit from being diabetic)
Very good recipe. I also added frozen stir fry veggies and a can of mushrooms. I did not have chinese noodles, so I left them out. I served it with some bread on the side and it made a nice casserole.
Just made this last night and it's a "keeper." I added a can of drained chinese veggies to the mix and omitted the chicken soup since I didn't have it on hand. The kids really seemed to like it. It's a "comfort food." Thanks Kbksmama, for posting. Roxygirl