My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pico de Gallo
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced Spanish onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and de-ribbed
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 Hass avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon diced jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Cheez Whiz
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 large sesame seed hot dog buns
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded or chopped thin
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 16 -20 tortilla chips
- 2 -3 fresh jalapenos, sliced
- 1First make the pico de gallo.
- 2This is easy.
- 3Just combine all of the ingredients for the pico in a small bowl and mix well.
- 4Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- 5Now we'll make the guacamole.
- 6In a small bowl, smash up most of the avocado, but be sure to leave several unsmashed chunks.
- 7Add the remaining ingredients for the guacamole to the avocado and mix well.
- 8Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator, next to the pico.
- 9Next we'll make the chili queso.
- 10In yet another small bowl, mix together ground beef, flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, and a pinch of chili powder.
- 11Use your hands to work the dry ingredients into the ground beef.
- 12Brown the beef in a small skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 13Use a spoon or spatula to crumble the beef as it cooks.
- 14Cook until it's brown, then set aside.
- 15Melt the Cheez Whiz with 2 tablespoons of milk over low heat.
- 16When milk and cheese has been combined, add the remaining queso ingredients.
- 17Heat while stirring often until cheese is smooth and creamy, then cover saucepan and remove it from the heat.
- 18Pre-heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat.
- 19Lightly butter the face of each bun and brown the buns face-down on the heat.
- 20Separate the ground beef into four 1/2-pound portions.
- 21Roll each portion of meat into a ball and then pat the meat down into a circular patty slightly larger in diameter than the hamburger buns.
- 22Cook the hamburger patties for 5-10 minutes per side, until done.
- 23Lightly salt and pepper each burger patty.
- 24Build the burger open-faced in the following order starting with the bottom bun: On Bottom Bun: 1/2 cup shredded lettuce, hamburger patty, 2 tablespoons chili queso, 4 or 5 crumbled tortilla chips, 2 teaspoons green onion On Top Bun: 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons pico de gallo, 2 tablespoons guacamole, and 4 jalapeno slices.
- 25Serve burger with extra queso and guacamole.
- 26May also serve french fries on the side and use the chili queso for dipping.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Chili's Nacho Burger
Serving Size: 1 (698 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1118.5
- Calories from Fat 665
- Total Fat 73.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 259.1 mg
- Sodium 2451.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 66.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: