Recipe by Dana Z
I was lucky enough to get this recipe from "Down to Earth" in Maui, HI many years ago. It is the creation of Carol Lent. It has been a standard fare in our family for years. It is so delicious! Give it a try!
Top Review by Queen Roachie
Cut the oil back to 1 1/2 T and it was more than enough for me. The flavors all together in this are great, tho. I probably cut back on soy and salt as well but didn't really measure. I'll try this again with a firmer tofu. Yum!
- 453.59 g package firm tofu, drain well
- 44.37 ml safflower oil or 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml soy sauce or 44.37 ml Braggs liquid aminos
- 78.07 ml nutritional yeast
- 9.85 ml spike seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tofu well.
- Heat oil in frying pan, preferably a non-stick skillet.
- When oil is hot, add tofu by breaking it into random size pieces about 1" x 1".
- Cook tofu without turning for about 5 minutes.
- Turn tofu and cook for about 4 more minutes on the other side.
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- First you put in the soy sauce and stir so as to cover all the pieces of tofu.
- Then add the nutritional yeast, spike and black pepper.
- Toss and coat all the tofu pieces.