1/1 Photo of Mock Chicken Tofu
Dana Z's Note:
I was lucky enough to get this recipe from "Down to Earth" in Maui, HI many years ago. It is the creation of Carol Lent. It has been a standard fare in our family for years. It is so delicious! Give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain tofu well.
- 2Heat oil in frying pan, preferably a non-stick skillet.
- 3When oil is hot, add tofu by breaking it into random size pieces about 1" x 1".
- 4Cook tofu without turning for about 5 minutes.
- 5Turn tofu and cook for about 4 more minutes on the other side.
- 6Turn off the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- 7First you put in the soy sauce and stir so as to cover all the pieces of tofu.
- 8Then add the nutritional yeast, spike and black pepper.
- 9Toss and coat all the tofu pieces.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Chicken Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.2
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1551.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: