An easier version of the famous Chicken Marbella from The Silver Palate Cookbook. An alternative for those of us whose heart is willing but the time for long and involved preparation just isn't there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette or 1/2 cup red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted prune
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken tenders, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1Add olives and capers to the container of a food processor; process until fairly smooth; set aside.
- 2Position oven rack so that it is in the center of the oven; preheat to 400°.
- 3Add balsamic vinaigrette, olive/caper mixture, garlic, oregano, bay leaves, and prunes in a mixing bowl; stir well to combine.
- 4Add in chicken tenders; fold in.
- 5Transfer mixture to a 13x9 inch glass or ceramic casserole dish; make sure chicken tenders are in one layer and not on top of one another.
- 6Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the chicken.
- 7Pour the wine around the tenders (not on top of the chicken, otherwise the brown sugar will get rinsed off the top of the chicken) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken has carmelized on top and juices run clear.
- 8Discard bay leaves.
- 9Good served warm with rice or couscous; also good served cold.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Chicken Marbella
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives