Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
When my Mom was little, she would have this as part of her birthday party picnic. With it would be potato salad, dressed up B&M beans, potato chips, watermelon, brownies, and her cucumbers. Her birthday is August 16, so she remembers how it was always really hot, yet her Mom would still prepare everything for her special day. She would make enough for 2 skewers per person, and with all of her family that meant feeding 12 people. The amount of meat I have listed is an estimate, as the paper this was originally written on didn't list specifics, so I don't know how much she bought to feed that many!
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut up into 1 inch pieces
- 2 lbs veal, cut up into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- wooden skewer
- Place 1 inch pieces of pork and veal alternately on skewers, almost 5 pieces per stick.
- Season with flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown in butter; do not crowd; turn often to brown evenly.
- Place in a roasting pan.
- Pour 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup over top.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours.