Recipe by Becky in Wisconsin
I created this recipe because DH cannot have milk, cream, or cream cheese. But he can have regular cheese. So, I had a hunk of fresh parmesan in the fridge, and an idea in my head. And this was the result.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
~PAC Spring 2008~ DELICIOUS!!! I thought this recipe would be good but I didn't realize just how much. Wow. I really loved this mock chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe. It was so creamy and flavorful. The butter is a must...don't skimp there. I used regular grated parmesan cheese - a little less than 1/2 cup - and it was perfect. Simple to make and extremely satisfying.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 0.5 (13 1/4 ounce) package whole wheat linguine
- 4 tablespoons butter, use real butter not margarine
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil. When softened add in chicken. Cook until no longer pink.
- While you are cooking the chicken, you should be boiling your water for the pasta. Try to time it when they are done about the same time.
- Remove chicken from pan with slotted spoon and set aside. Keep warm.
- Turn the heat down as to not burn the butter. Add butter to skillet. Let it melt, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine or broth.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Return chicken and the pasta to the "sauce", and toss.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.