1 hr 30 mins
This is a low carb version of Cracker Barrel's Cheesy Hash Browns, made with spaghetti squash. It is very flavorful, with a great "comfort food" texture and a little crunch. The squash can be microwaved to save time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the spaghetti squash. Pierce the rind 4-5 times with a sharp knife. Place in oven-proof pan. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven until soft, 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees. (Alternatively, place pierced squash on paper-towel lined plate and microwave 10-12 minutes.).
- 2When the squash is cool enough to handle, slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and discard. Fork the squash into strands and place in buttered casserole dish.
- 3While squash is baking, mix together soup, sour cream, chopped onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- 4When strands of squash have been placed into casserole dish, toss with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (I use almost no salt as the cheese tends to be salty enough).
- 5Pour soup mixture over squash and stir well. Top with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole (Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 255.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g