Recipe by Verelucky
Basically zero carbs and it gives you the "crunch" that seems to lack on Atkins. They taste like cheese-it crackers!
Top Review by ~Bekah~
These really are tasty and I LOVE cheese! But since it took me 3 tries to get it right, let me offer a bit of advise: 1) let cool on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes before removing. Silly me tried to take them off the sheets when they were still hot... does not work! 2) they will stick to paper towels some, I found waxed paper to work better. 3) definitally grab some sour cream, because they are heavenly with it! 4) I found that spreading the cheese out about 1/16 of an inch thick instead of making a little mound worked better for me, otherwise the middle was still not done when the edges were. 5) just a thought for those going low carb: I had one that really spread out, I bent it into a taco shell shape by accident when putting it on the wax paper. I was able to load this baby up with sour cream, salsa and some chicken! Tacos anyone? Thanks for sharing Maureen! I have to go make some more, because these were supposed to be my lunch tomorrow, but it seems they are already gone! ;)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mounds of shredded cheddar cheese on non-stick cookie sheet.
- (about the size of a half dollar) Bake in oven for approx 3-5 minutes.
- The cheese will spread out into a lacy looking cracker.
- Remove to paper towels to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Top with salsa and sour cream for a nice taste or just eat plain!