Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a cheap knock off that I throw together because it taste so good!!!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 onion (diced)
- 7 -8 ounces smoked sausage
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (minced)
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash chili powder
- In a medium sauce pan empty the can of pinto beans. Add 1/2 cup of water. Add cilantro and green onion. Set on low heat to warm.
- In a skillet, cut sausage into bite sized chunks and sear/brown. Strain out leaving the fat in the skillet.
- Add onion to the skillet. Dash of garlic salt, Dash of cumin, Dash of chili powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Lots of pepper seams to work well with this dish. Set to medium high and caramelize the onion. Add onion to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for about a minute stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to a gentle boil (simmer) for another 5-7 minutes. What you are doing is trying to 'reduce' the water a little.