I was craving the Champaign chicken salad from Charsleston's but didn't want to spend the money to go out, so I recreated it. Turned out yummy. When my husband saw it he wasn't sure, but when he tasted it he said it was good and that he was surprised cause it is a weird combination of ingredients. Easy Peasy! Serves 4
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken (I used leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, spiced (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup strawberry, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup sweet vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 21. Mix first 8 ingredients into salad bowl.
- 32. Drizzle on dressing and toss.
- 4Spiced Pecans:.
- 51. Heat first ingredients in saucepan until thickened.
- 62. Stir in pecans.
- 73. Spread hot pecans on piece of wax paper.
- 84. When cool, break into chunks
- 101. Mix all ingredients.
- 112. Whisk together until blended.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Charleston's Champaign Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.7
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 348.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 38.8 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: