Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cheese tastes a lot like French Boursin au Poivre. It is better if you make it a couple of days before serving. Prep time does not include setting time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- lemon pepper
- Blend cream cheese with garlic, caraway, basil, dill weed and chives.
- Pat into round, flat shape.
- Roll generously on all sides in lemon pepper.
- NOTE: This is better if you make it a few days ahead.
- It tastes a lot like French Boursin au Poivre.
excellent boursin replacement that's even better than the original at a fraction of the price! thanks so much
The flavour of this was evry good, although the cream cheese was pretty runny after I had blended it with the other ingredients. I should have made this recipe a couple of days prior as suggested. Boursin is so expensive, it's great to have a substitute. I used the leftovers in between the breast and the skin of a freerange roast chicken and it was fabulous.
I really enjoyed this boursin! I served it with round crackers, along with a sauce made from wine, raspberry jam and balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Thank you so much for the recipe!