Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have always loved doughnuts and danishes for breakfast. Once I started eating healthier, I really missed them. This is what I came up with as a substitute, and I now love them more than the full fat version! You can also use sliced strawberries or peaches in place of the blueberries, or a little sugar free jam.
- 1 light multi-grain English muffin
- 2 tablespoons weight watchers low-fat whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- Split and toast the english muffin.
- Top each half with 1 Tbls. of the cream cheese and half of the blueberries.
I changed it a little. Toast English muffin, then spread fat free ricotta cheese on muffin, add fruit then sprinkle cinnamon and sweetener on top. Broil for a few minutes until fruit is bubbly. Love this for breakfast!!!
You have to be kidding me- nothing at all like a danish except it has blueberries. You would need to butter the muffin and add sugar to the cream cheese, mascarpone would be better too.
This was very tasty! I used the fruit I had on hand, which was raspberries. Thanks for sharing!