Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 6 shredded wheat biscuits, split diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Gently boil for 15 minutes or until syrupy.
- Place shredded wheat halves in a single layer in a shallow baking pan; drizzle with butter or margarine.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
- Sprinkle half of the nuts over the bottom halves of the biscuits & drizzle with half of the warm syrup.
- Replace top halves & drizzle with the remaining syrup.
- Spoon excess syrup over biscuits until absorbed.
- Top with remaining nuts.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream.
I had this dessert I a restaurant a few weeks ago and I LOVED it! I was so happy to find this recipe so I could recreate it at home. Although this recipe didn't quite look like what I had in the restaurant, it tasted just like it; maybe even a little better! It's very sweet, but not too sweet. I used a mix of walnuts and pistachios for the walnuts. Thanx for sharing!