Recipe by My Food Coach
This quick to prepare hot apple dish requires a little "setting" time, but makes a great breakfast or snack on a cold afternoon.
Top Review by LainieBug
I love oatmeal with apples, and the vanilla yogurt added another layer of flavor. I cut the amount of water back to 1/4 cup and I only let the apples sit for 10 minutes, then stirred in the oatmeal and topped with the yogurt. I ate this right away instead of letting it sit for another 10 minutes as I didn't want the mixture to be cold. Very good and filling breakfast. Made for Spring 2014 Pick A Chef.
- 1 apple
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) packet quaker maple and brown suger high-fiber oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt or 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and slice apple with apple slicer.
- Lay slices in a microwave safe dish. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Uncovered, microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Cover with 2-3 spoonfuls of yogurt and 1/2 packet of oatmeal, let stand 10 minutes.