Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe 26 years ago in a magazine. It is always made as part of our Christmas baking and other time throughout the year. I won first place in a contest at my husbands work with this recipe. WE LOVE IT !!!
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces butterscotch chips
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Mix together oatmeal, brown sugar, corn syrup.
- Pour melted butter over mixture and stir.
- Add 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Mix again.
- Pat into a greased 9x13 pan and bake 12 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- While crust is baking melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in glass bowl in microwave on high heat for 1 minute and stir contine 1 minute cooking until melted.
- Stir in 2/3 cup peanutbutter and peanuts.
- Spread over top of cooked crust.
- cool and cut. Stores well in air tight container in refrigerator.
I made these for our neighborhood Christmas cookie gift exchange this past year. They turned out pretty good. Nothing like a Baby Ruth bar at all as far as any of us were concerned but a good combination of flavors. Recipe doubled easily.
This is an excellent recipe. I took this to work and everyone loved it. After trying one bite, my husband insisted we'd be making this again! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC fall 08.