Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A no bake cheesecake for those who have dairy allergies.
- 1⁄3 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons crispy rice cereal (gluten free)
- 2⁄3 cup hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup banana (chopped)
- 10 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄8 cup honey (optional)
- To make the base; toast the hazelnuts and coconut separately, either in a oven or under the grill, until golden brown. allow to cool then rub the skins off the hazelnuts.
- Place coconut, 1/3 cup of hazelnuts, and rice cereal into a food processor until the nuts are finely chopped and all the ingredients are mixed. Set aside in a bowl.
- To make the topping; Cut the apricots into small pieces and simmer in a small amount of water or orange juice until soft. Sieve to remove the cooking liquid.
- Process the apricots, bananas, tofu, cinnamon, and lemon peel until smooth (add honey if not sweet enough).
- To assemble; alternate two layers of both the base and topping ingredients (finishing with the topping) either in a 8x8-inch baking dish or, preferably, in four sundae dishes. Decorate with a few hazel nuts.