Recipe by GingerlyJ
A close friend mentioned remembering this pie from his childhood. I foud the recipe on the back of a ritz cracker box and surprised him with it on his birthday. He was so happy
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 36 Ritz crackers, coarsely broken
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F Roll out half of the pastry and place in 9-inch pie plate. Place cracker crumbs in crust; set aside.
- MIX sugar and cream of tartar in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in 1-3/4 cups water until well blended. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes. Add lemon peel and juice; cool. Pour syrup over cracker crumbs. Dot with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll out remaining pastry; place over pie. Trim; seal and flute edges. Slit top crust to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes.