1 hr 5 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
When you have an abundance of zucchini, this really tastes like apple pie. Plus, it's healthier than other "mock apple pies" that are just crackers. The crust is gluten freeand the recipe is sugar free (stevia).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 cups zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Combine crust ingredients in a medium bowl, cutting in the margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add vanilla and mix gently.
- 3Press 1/2 of dough evenly on bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- 4Bake until slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- 5Meanwhile, combine zucchini and lemon juice in a pot and simmer until just barely cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, add stevia, cinnamon and nutmeg and let cool.
- 6Spoon cooled zucchini mixture over crust and sprinkle the remaining crust mixture on top.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Apple Crisp (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 206.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: