Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
this comes from the international company's coming from jean pare. It requires only 3 egg whites.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- measure first four ingedients into flour sifter over a large plate or wax paper.
- sift 3 more times, sifting into a large bowl for 4th sifting.
- heat milk in a small sauce pan until just boiling and remove immediately.
- stir into flour mixture until smooth.
- beat egg whites in a medium size bowl till stiff.
- fold into batter till no streaks remain.
- turn into an ungreased 10 in (25 cm.) angel rfood tube pan.
- bake at 350 for 45 minutes or till golden.
- invert pan onto rack to cool.
- remove cake from pan when completely cooled.
It was was an okay recipe. One cup of sugar is way too much. Other than that it was crispy, moist, and appealing to eat!