Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Light and tastie. I got this recipe from an old cook book called The American Family Cook Book.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat milk to a boiling point.
- Mix and sift flour, sugar, and baking powder 3 times.
- Pour milk gradually into dry mixture, blending well.
- Fold in white eggs and add vanilla.
- Pour into ungreased pan and bake in slow oven (300 degrees) for 45 minutes.
- Cover with the frosting of your choice.
libby has this 2 times in her cookbook but she had 5 egg whites and only cooked this for 18 minutes with no frosting thank you for posting this dee