Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an unbelievable recipe. you will not believe how good these are from reading the ingredients.
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter, real not margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- Place crackers on a cookie sheet.
- boil butter & sugar for 3 minutes.
- Pour over crackers & bake 4 mins @ 325 degrees.
- Pour chocolate chips on top and spread as it melts.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- let cool.
YUM!! I have made this recipe many times - especially for Holiday cookie/treat trays! I have made it with saltines, graham crackers and club crackers! I prefer the reduced fat Club crackers best - I think! I can't stop eating this... I love it!! I never measure my nuts - I add a lot of chopped almonds - I like almonds in every bite!! Thanks for posting this!!!
Love these! I use graham crackers and omit the chocolate. I just sprinkle some sliced, blanched almonds that I crush with my hands before putting in the oven. Soo good...
I use hershey chocolate bars instead of the chocolate chips and walnuts instead of the almonds but other than that this is the same recipe I have used for years and years. I love it!