Classic Hawaiian-style chicken. Great for picnics, kids love this. Do not substitute the Mochiko for other flours...it's the secret ingredient! Cook time does not include time to marinate.
- 907.18-1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 59.16 ml mochiko sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour, do not substitute regular flour or regular rice flour)
- 59.16 ml cornstarch
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 103.53 ml sesame seeds, roasted (use to taste)
- oil (for deep frying)
- Mix all ingredients together (except oil for frying) and marinate overnight.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
This made for a well-seasoned chicken, and it quickly disappeared in my house. The flavor for me was a little too strong in soy sauce. Next time I'll try it with a sauce lower in sodium (and better in quality).
Very nice! I used chives instead of green onions, and light soy sauce. I didn't have any hoisin sauce so I omitted it. It seemed like a lot of sesame seeds while I was toasting them, but the amount was fine. Nice light crispy coating and tender chicken.