Recipe by Akikobay
Classic Hawaiian-style chicken. Great for picnics, kids love this. Do not substitute the Mochiko for other flours...it's the secret ingredient! Cook time does not include time to marinate.
Top Review by Valeria
This made for a well-seasoned chicken, and it quickly disappeared in my house. The flavor for me was a little too strong in soy sauce. Next time I'll try it with a sauce lower in sodium (and better in quality).
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons mochiko sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour, do not substitute regular flour or regular rice flour)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted (use to taste)
- oil (for deep frying)