Recipe by Divalicious *808*
Nothing fancy, just your basic Mochiko Chicken recipe...works every time! Prep time does not include overnight marinating, which is a must to achieve the best flavor.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite sized morsels (thighs or breasts)
- 4 tablespoons mochiko sweet rice flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the oil and allow to marinate overnight.
- Heat oil and fry chicken till crispy and golden brown. (Use just enough oil to shallow fry the chicken, deep frying not necessary but if it's easier to throw it into the deep fryer go ahead :).