Recipe by caffeine junkie
Mochiko flour can be found in the Asian aisle in most supermarkets. I prefer the Koda Farms Blue Star brand that comes in a white box. Mochiko chicken is a favorite here in the Islands and can be found at many restaurants and lunchwagons. Great for potlucks. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup mochiko sweet rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons shoyu (soy sauce, Aloha Shoyu preferred)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, sift together mochiko flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, shoyu, and garlic.
- Whisk into dry ingredients.
- Add chicken to mixture.
- Fold in green onions, and sesame seeds if desired.
- Marinate at least 4 hours; overnight is best.
- Deep-fry until golden brown.