Recipe by Akikobay
****Please Note: The texture of this confection is more like mochi and not very much like cake.**** Another recipe from a friend...this is really a different an and mochi combination. The an is mixed right into the mochiko and it makes for a really nice flavor. The texture is really gooey, just like mochi should be!
- 1 (16 ounce) box mochiko sweet rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (can decrease to 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can koshi-an (sweet bean paste)
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan and smooth the top with a wet spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into small squares.
- Refrigerate any remaining.
- (Use a microwave to reheat and soften before serving after refrigeration).