Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Good as is, but also very versatile.
- 1⁄2 cup dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup rice, washed (NOT instant)
- 3 cups glutinous rice, washed (aka mochi rice or sweet rice)
- 4 -5 cups chicken broth or 4 -5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 cup Chinese sausage, steamed and chopped (lup chong)
- 1 cup char siu pork, sliced in strips
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes, then cook.
- Line bottom of rice cooker with rice.
- Add mochi rice, chicken broth, and crumbled bouillon.
- Mix remaining ingredients into steamed rice.
- Serve hot or cold.