Recipe by tunasushi
Use any flavoured ice cream for different results!
Top Review by Kayarich
I agree with the previous reviewer. I think I'm going to give up on this recipe. Maybe I'm just not good at wrapping it around the ice-cream. It melts too fast and I can't seal the mochi- it won't stick after the ice-cream melts. I had to eat right away but that's too much to eat. I had to throw away the rest. Super messy.
- 10 scoops ice cream (scoop softened ice cream into round balls, and refreeze till hardened)
- 100 g glutinous-rice flour
- 180 ml water
- 50 g sugar
- cornflour, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and water. Mix well to paste, then add sugar and mix till dissolved.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes It will be half cooked. Remove and stir well while it is hot.
- Cover and return to microwave for 30 sec. Stir well.
- Place plastic wrap over a chopping board. Flour generously with corn flour (you must do this!).
- Wait for dough to cool down. Divide dough into 10 pieces.
- Flatten it with your palm. Wrap the dough round ice cream and refreeze it in an air tight container.