Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hawaiian Electric Co.
- 1 lb mochiko sweet rice flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 cups milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat electric oven to 350°F
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine mochiko, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour; cool.
Very sweet and chewy! Its really fast and easy to make, however make sure your dish is big enough because my cake expanded over the dish (and still held its form) and burnt a little bit on the exposed sides. On the other hand, everyone really enjoyed the crispy sides, so I guess it is just preference! :)