Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Mochaccino Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- strong brewed coffee, cooled (optional)
- 30 creme-filled rolled wafer cookies, such as Pirouettes
- unsweetened cocoa powder (optional) or ground cinnamon (optional)
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and flour thirty 2-1/2-inch muffin cups (or line with paper bake cups). In a medium bowl stir together flour, the 1 cup cocoa powder, the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a 2-cup glass measuring cup combine milk and coffee. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until combined. Scrape sides of bowl; beat for 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Allow butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in the 3 tablespoons brewed coffee and the vanilla. Gradually beat in the remaining powdered sugar. If necessary, beat in additional brewed coffee until buttercream reaches spreading consistency.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe Coffee Buttercream onto cupcakes. Insert wafers. If desired, dust with additional unsweetened cocoa powder.