Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Prep time does not include time for dough to chill.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, add sugar and cream together until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Stir in chocolate and vanilla.
- Gradually stir remaining ingredients, EXCEPT walnuts, into the creamed mixture. Chill dough several hours or overnight.
- After chilling, preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Take teaspoons of dough and form balls. Roll in walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes.