- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, 1/2 cup chocolate morsels.
- Stir until smooth; cool to room temperature. In small cup dissolve instant coffee in boiling water; set aside.
- In small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl combine margarine, sugar, brown sugar and coffee; beat until creamy.
- Add egg and melted chips; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, stir in remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.