Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
These ball-shaped cookies make a wonderful addition to any dessert tray. They can also be decorated with a sprinkle of gold flake for an elegant Holiday look.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl of mixer, thoroughly beat the butter, sugar, coffee and cocoa.
- At low speed, gradually add the flour.
- With a spoon, work in chopped walnuts.
- Shape into balls, using about 1/2 Tbsp each.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix milk, 1/4 tsp instant coffee, butter and confectioners' sugar to make icing.
- Place small amount of icing atop each mocha cookie.
- Top with a piece of walnut, if desired.