Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These ball-shaped cookies make a wonderful addition to any dessert tray. They can also be decorated with a sprinkle of gold flake for an elegant Holiday look.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In large bowl of mixer, thoroughly beat the butter, sugar, coffee and cocoa.
- At low speed, gradually add the flour.
- With a spoon, work in chopped walnuts.
- Shape into balls, using about 1/2 Tbsp each.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix milk, 1/4 tsp instant coffee, butter and confectioners' sugar to make icing.
- Place small amount of icing atop each mocha cookie.
- Top with a piece of walnut, if desired.
Love your cookies %u2013 Thanks for sharing and hope to do the same.. If you get a chance check out my
This is a 10-star cookie for sure. They turned out perfectly and we loved the coffee icing which is an excellent compliment to the cocoa. Perfect in every way. I highly recommend this recipe to everyone. Thanks for sharing these gems, Just Call Me Martha, can't wait to make them again.
These were fantastic cookies, very buttery and rich. I made them without using the cocoa, so the buttery taste would be more noticable, and I grinded the walnits very fine, topped them of with a thin layer of frosting. These are an excellent cookie, thanks Martha for sharing. KC :)