Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 baker's unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- caramel sauce
- Prepare 8-inch pastry shell according to directions.
- Cream butter in medium-size bowl and gradually add sugar, creaming well after each addition.
- Melt chocolate and cool slightly; blend into butter-sugar mixture with instant coffee and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating VERY WELL after each addition. Continue mixing until mixture is creamy, thick, and fluffy (About 5 minutes).
- Turn into baked pastry shell; chill 1 - 2 hours. Just before serving, whip cream and garnish pie with whipped cream, caramel and nuts.
This recipe was very easy to make. Its rich, but with just the right flavors.
Nyteglori posted this in response to my request for a recipe for Billy Miner Pie from The Keg Restaurant. I made it exactly as written except for leaving out the nuts (DH doesn't like them). This pie is worth more than 5 stars! It is so good! DH loved it and says it's very close to Billy Miner Pie, too. I needed to refrigerate it overnight, however, since it hadn't set after 2 hours (we ate some then anyway). Thanks for posting this delicious pie.