Chewy chocolate cookie ropes delight with a hint of a coffee within and a creamy powdered-sugar glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 recipe cocoa glaze
- 1In mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 2Add sugar, cocoa powder, coffee crystals, baking powder, and salt; beat until combined.
- 3Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 4Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer. Using wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour. Divide dough in half; wrap.
- 5Chill dough 1 to 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 7Divide each dough half into 24 pieces.
- 8On lightly floured surface, roll each dough piece in 6-inch rope.
- 9Twist 2 ropes together; pinch ends to seal. Place ropes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 10Bake about 8 minutes or until edges are firm.
- 11Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- 12Dip one end of each twist in Cocoa Glaze, allowing excess to drip off.
- 13Place on waxed paper until set.
- 14Makes 24 twists.
- 15Cocoa Glaze:
- 16In a bowl combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, and enough milk (about 3 tablespoons) to make glazing consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Twists
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 94.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g