Recipe by Lezlie
Smooth and creamy, and adult holiday treat. I have, in the past, dispensed with the vermicelli, and simply rolled the truffles in unsweetened cocoa powder.
Top Review by love4culinary
These truffles are VERY rich and very delcious. They get a bit harder than I was hoping for, but they tasted so good that it wasnt a problem in my book. Thanks for the recipe :)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur or 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 2⁄3 cup dark chocolate vermicelli (tiny decorator candies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate, butter and coffee powder in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Heat, stirring often, until chocolate and butter are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of coffee liqueur and egg yolk.
- Slowly blend in icing sugar.
- Chill for one hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Roll into 1/2 inch balls.
- (Be sure your hands are cool.) Dip balls into remaining liqueur, then into vermicelli.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Makes 36 Truffles.