Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies taste more like a mocha brownie...so fudgy and yummy, if you want a more crispier cookie, then bake a couple of minutes longer, for a chewy cookie, bake as stated...this recipe only produces approx 25-30 cookies, so double the recipe, but prepare the exact recipe in two separate mixing bowls.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate pieces over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the instant coffee granules, mix until blended.
- Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into coffee mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup remaining chocolate pieces (or you could use chocolate chips).
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from baking sheet.
This past weekened I made these cookies, but was disappointed to see how dry they were the very next day. The cookies were good the first day; especially after I tried a few shortly after I had removed them from the oven, as they were warm and oh so chocolately, (I loved the melted chocolate chips inside the cookies) but after a day or so, my husband and I did not care for them. I'm sorry KittenCal, that I wasn't able to give these cookies a much better review, but I am glad to see others enjoyed them.
These are one of my favorite cookies I tend to usually bake around the holiday season, just because the coffee in it provides such a different taste than other cookies. Thanks for posting it.
very good chewy, delicious and a very intense chocolate flavor. I thought these cookies were really delicious and very easy to make. My only problem was that i felt the coffee flavor was too strong. Next time i'll use a little less coffee. Very good recipe, thanks!