Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so good! It's from Taste of Home, and what a taste it is! They're everything I want in a brownie, they're delicious, smooth and creamy. If you like mocha, you'll love these as I do.
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chips and butter. Stir until smooth; cool for 5 minutes. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar; beat on medium for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate mixture and coffee. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling:.
- Dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar, melted chocolate and coffee. Spread over brownies.
- For glaze:.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator.
These brownies were very good and I will make them again. They are more of a "grown-up" treat. The actual brownie was a little dry so next time I won't bake them quite as long as the recipe calls for. A great recipe with good eye appeal also. Also the recipe does not make 6 dozen as stated. Maybe a dozen small ones.