Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Attention Coffee & Chocolate Lovers! This recipe is excellent and best of all easy. I came across it in a Betty Crocker cake mix magazine and decided to give it a try today...You'll get your coffee and chocolate fix all in one.
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxbetty crocker supermoist butter recipe chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) box chocolate-covered espresso beans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Stir together coffee and vanilla in a small bowl until well blended.
- In an electric mixer combine the cake mix, coffee mixture, eggs, and butter until well blended. Stir in chocolate and toffee chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- (Optional- at this point you can hide a chocolate covered espresso bean in the center of each dough ball before placing onto the cookie sheet- it's a nice surprise).
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until the surface appears dry. Allow to cool for 1 minute before removing onto a wire rack.