Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I did this last weekend and all the kids think I have to post it here refrigerate time: 24 hours
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons spaenda spoonful granulated sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup splanda granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons splanda spoonful granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- may substitute 4-1/2 packets Equal sugar substitute
- may substitute 18 packets Equal sugar substitute
- For Crust, combine chocolate crumbs, pecans, butter and 3 tablespoons Splenda. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside while preparing cheesecake.
- For Cheesecake, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup Splenda in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined. Mix in eggs, egg whites, cornstarch and salt. Fold in sour cream and vanilla until combined.
- Remove 1/2 cup cheesecake batter. Stir in 3 tablespoons Splenda, instant coffee crystals and cocoa until well combined. Pour half of plain batter over crust. Top with 5 spoonfuls of coffee batter. Using tip of knife or spatula, gently swirl coffee batter into cheesecake. Repeat with remaining batters.
- Bake in preheated 325*F. oven 45 to 50 minutes or until center of cake is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. To serve, remove side of pan. Cut cake into wedges.