Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a cross between an iced cappuccino and a chocolate milkshake. Highly addictive and a great lunch time dessert.
- 2 cups brewed coffee, double strength and cooled
- 1 pint cold water
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream
- ground nutmeg (to garnish) or chocolate, gratings (to garnish)
- Combine coffee and cold water in blender. Add ice cream, rum (or almond extract) and salt. Blend for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour into 8 ounce glasses with a dab of whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg or grated chocolate.
- Serve immediately.