2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
From a recent Family Circle magazine. I substituted instant coffee for the espresso and dusted the finished shortbread with granulated sugar. If you like mocha; you like these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together flour and salt; transfer flour mixture to food processor with chopped chocolate and process for one minute or until chocolate is finely ground. Set aside.
- 2Stir together espresso powder and 2 tsp hot water until espresso dissolves;set aside.
- 3Beat butter 3 minutes. Add granulated sugar and beat 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 4Beat in espresso mixture.
- 5Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture.
- 6Press dough into a 9 inch round fluted non-stick tart pan. Score into 16 pie shaped wedges without cutting completely through dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- 7Heat oven to 350°F Uncover shortbread and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove to a wire rack and remove side of pan. Dust with confectioner's sugar.
- 9Cut through marks before serving.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 28.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g