Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The word mocha is used to describe the combination of coffee and chocolate. From Skinny Food, The Australian Women's Weekly.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar icing
- Preheat oven to moderately low.
- Sift flour, 2 tablespoon of the cocoa, sugar and 2 teaspoons of the coffee powder into 1.25 liter (5 cup) oven proof dish.
- Gradually sir in milk and oil.
- Sift brown sugar, remaining cocoa and remaining coffee evenly over flour mixture.
- Gently pour the water over brown sugar mixture.
- Bake pudding, uncovered, in moderately slow oven about 45 minutes.
- Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar.