Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe Source: Unknown Posted here for safe-keeping.
Make and share this Mocha Raspberry Snack Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9- by 13-inch baking pan, then line it with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, mayonnaise and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Place cocoa and cinnamon in small heat-proof bowl; whisk in the coffee and cold water until blended.
- Add coffee mixture to the egg mixture in 3 parts, whisking to blend after each addition.
- Add flour and baking soda and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips until mixed, then gently fold in raspberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack and let cool for about 1 hour.
- Dust cake with cinnamon, then confectioner's sugar, and cut into triangles.