1 hr 20 mins
Aunt Willie's Note:
Recipe Source: Unknown Posted here for safe-keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberry
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9- by 13-inch baking pan, then line it with wax paper or parchment paper.
- 3Whisk together eggs, sugar, mayonnaise and vanilla in a large bowl.
- 4Place cocoa and cinnamon in small heat-proof bowl; whisk in the coffee and cold water until blended.
- 5Add coffee mixture to the egg mixture in 3 parts, whisking to blend after each addition.
- 6Add flour and baking soda and whisk until smooth.
- 7Stir in chocolate chips until mixed, then gently fold in raspberries.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 9Bake cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 10Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack and let cool for about 1 hour.
- 11Dust cake with cinnamon, then confectioner's sugar, and cut into triangles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Raspberry Snack Cake
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 316.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g