Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good for you and good tasting-- Raisins are one of the Fresno,CA area's finist foods.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (6-ounces)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules or 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 teaspoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Melt together butter and chips; remove from heat.
- Dissolve coffee in hot water; stir into butter mixture along with sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in rasins.
- Spread into greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes; Spread with glaze.
- Glaze; Dissolve 1 teaspoon coffee grandules in 4 teaspoons hot water and stir into 1 tablespoon melted butter combined with 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Makes 36 bars.