Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this out of Cooking Light. This is wonderful and not light on taste!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1⁄4 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, 2/3 cup sugar, 4 T cocoa, and coffee granules in a large bowl.
- Combine milk, oil, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring well.
- Spoon batter into an 8" square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 2 Tbs cocoa.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour boiling water over batter (DO NOT STIR).
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Serve warm, topped with ice cream.
Yum! I love pudding cakes, they're super fast to make, use ingredients I always have on hand, and are usually low fat. Made this tonight as a very last minute dessert, and am pretty sure I made this recipe when it first came out in Cooking Light. Lots of mocha flavor, served with vanilla ice cream, and the whole family loved it. Thanks for sharing!